Spices are the dried vegetable substances that gives unique taste to the food and keep people healthy. Adequate amount of ingredients are used at the time of preparation. Cooking skills should be perfect in order to experience 100% tasty, natural and organic food. Spices are also the mixture of different types of herbs. More than 100 Indian spices are listed under ISO.
People from different parts of India mostly prefer seasoning food that is of good quality. There are many spices that are known for the taste they provide. Some are discussed as below:
1. Garam Masala: It is the most famous spice that is formed with the mixture of peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, cloves and bay leaves. This spice is used in the elevation of body temperature. It is commonly used in North and South Indian dishes.
2. Chili Powder (Red): The other name for red chili powder is ‘cayenne pepper / paprika’. It provides heat to the body and is known as ‘King of Indian Spices’. It is prepared from the dried seeds of chili and is mostly used in Indian curry dishes.
3. Cardamom: It is a dried food that is mainly used in Indian dishes, beverages, health foods, coffee, etc. There are 2 types of cardamom, i.e. Black Cardamom and Green cardamom. As this spice is mostly preferred in Western Ghats of India, it is known as ‘Queen of Spices’. It is one of the most cultivated spices in India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Papua, etc. It is also used as the flavouring agents in drinking water, Indian Tea, etc. It is used in Ayurvedic Medicines for teeth and gums.
4. Ginger: Ginger is one such perennial plant that is mostly used for medicinal treatments. It is used as an Ayurveda drug. It is used in cooking many Indian and Chinese dishes across India. In the winter season, mostly ginger tea is preferred. It is known as the cornerstone of Asian cooking.
5. Turmeric: It is obtained by boiling and cleaning up of the turmeric plant. In Hindi, turmeric is known as ‘Haldi’. It is more costly than that of saffron. Turmeric is used as an antiseptic along with other medicines for getting cured. This antiseptic also works as inflammation reduction. It is basically yellowish in color. Turmeric is known to be one of the prime spices for cooking Kashmiri dishes.
Many other spices are also present across India that provide a taste to life. The extraction of spices from season to season results in the production of spices in large quantity.
Article Source: Articlebase.com